Friday, November 14, 2008

2nd edition

Why are there seven questions on a meme with a 5 theme?  This bothers me...

And, again in support of the evolutionary foundations of this concept, I've mutated something... see if you can catch it.

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
- like I can remember?  eek.  1998...  To the best of my recall
1) getting ready to turn 12
2) considering trying out school for 7th grade (I had been homeschooled since 2nd grade)
3) Living in a house other than my childhood home for the first time, and in a town instead of out in the country.
4) Got nick-named "the alien" or "alien" for short by a group of neighborhood kids, for my uncanny ability to catch a football, and my total ignorance of what to do with it having caught it.
5) Setting my heart on learning how to calculate the volume of irregular shapes using calculus, after seeing pictures in a math book.  Except I didn't know what it was called back then, I just knew what it did (sort of), and that it was cool and hard.  I hated the fact that I couldn't learn it right away.

5 things on my to-do list:
1)  get my lazy bum off the futon and make something to eat for dinner
2) make a difficult decision (see upcoming post)
3) email a few more potential grad school advisors and start putting together grad school applications
4) check my oil (well, technically, my car Lia's oil)
5) call my parents

5 favorite snacks:
(I actually answered this one last, took a lot of careful pondering)
1) cheese (all kinds)
2) chips and homemade guac
3) pretzels and mozzarella
4) hot air popcorn and my dad's hot chocolate
5) apple and peanut butter

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:
Right.  An ecologist millionaire? hahahahaha
1) move back to the same state as eugenie, buy an old house to fix up, and spend a few years living simply.  just reading and thinking and not working.
2) help my parents retire and build their dream house - an earth sheltered house back on the property where i grew up as a child.
3) send two of my favorite girls to vet school.
4) fund innovative startups (green technologies, agriculture, social causes, etc)
5) start a scholarship program

5 places I've loved:
- the small town I went to school in
- my grandparent's house in the mountains, site of many family reunions, feasts, adventures and good fishing
- the northern coast of Maine and adjoining Canada
- little alpine meadows in the Cascade mountains of Washington
- Monongahela National Forest

5 jobs I've had:
1) field hand on a small organic farm
2) peer tutor at a community college (best job ever - working with some awesome people, tutoring english, math, biology, chemistry, you name it).
3) camp store manager (frisbee?  t-shirt? personal hygiene product? 
4) various and sundry research assistant/technician jobs.
5) I used to make 5 cents a nail when I was a kid, pick up nails off the ground around our house after it was resided... if that counts?

No comments: