Friday, February 19, 2010

Not again...

It is really discomforting to have your grad advisor tell you that probably you should have chosen a different program/institution, even when it's said with the best of intentions in a friendly manner and a "hindsight is golden" attitude. This is the second time I've heard this from him. It doesn't make a bit of difference now where I could have gone, this is where I am. All that is accomplished by saying that is adding another little dent to my self confidence, which is a little shaky right now as I still have no concrete plans for the summer or a dissertation topic. It's challenging enough for me to stomp out the little voice in my head that says the same thing, without it being aided by external confirmation. Oh well. I'm sure it's not intentional; certainly not his fault that I'm feeling fragile.

In other news, I think I've just about finished writing up this manuscript review. I think it's a little long and I probably have spent too much time on it. Not going to submit it right away, as I want to take another look at what I wrote again tomorrow. I want to make sure I'm not either making what I wrote too harsh or too accommodating due to today's fluctuation in my confidence/anxiety levels. I've got another week anyways; maybe someone will look over it too. Wheeeee!

No comments: